I went to Metrix this afternoon (Thursday) and got the acrylic cut, and then I rushed home and attempted to assemble the robot. Here are the pieces with the protective wrapping still on them:
Ten minutes later, I’m still peeling off the wrapping:
Whew, glad that’s done. Twenty minutes into the game, it was onto the servos:
This is where that assembly illustration that I made earlier came in useful (30 min.):
After forty minutes, it’s fully assembled:
Well, except for the wires. I have to figure out how to rearrange the wires to free up space on the breadboard to attach both the servos and the photocells. As I contemplate how to untangle that, I realize that my demo at SRS on Saturday may only be a static display . . . .