Robot Chassis with Plastic Ball Caster

This is the 1″ plastic ball caster that I ordered from Robotshop. The white ball pops out of the black holder, which has three bolt holes to secure it to the robot chasis.

I positioned the holder on the wooden platform and used a razor pen to mark the drill hole locations. Then I used my little battery operated craft drill from Michaels like so:

The bolts then went through the holder holes and the platform holes, and I fastened with the nuts so that it looked like this:

And this is what the completed mod looks like from below:

Moving from the wheel-caster chassis to the ball-caster chassis required removing and reinserting all the wires, a pain. But I tested with the square path program and it’s working. How well? Not as well as I had hoped. I think the wheels are a bit wobbly. I’ll see about getting plastic washers for them.

Now the main task is to have the Arduino convert the control codes back to turn angles and distances.

Advertisements

About engineerzero

Once and future engineer.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s