Today I verified that the Arduino sketch still runs the servos, and then I did some organizing and planning.
The note card on the left shows the listing for GIRC control codes (so far). On the right, I wrote out in words what I want the next phase of testing to do, which will be just to turn the wheels properly for the respective control codes. At the bottom of the page is an illustration to show how the servo commands relate to the wheel turnings.
If all goes well, there’s a fair chance that I’ll have the robot ‘on the floor’ by the weekend.
So I do have my thoughts organized. Now if only I could unclutter the workspace, and as you might guess, at the present time the rest of my apartment looks a lot like the state of this table.